Monday, March 19, 2012

Join the March Read & Romp Roundup!


I live near Washington, DC, and the weather has been absolutely gorgeous lately. The sun has been shining, the cherry blossoms have started blooming, and people are spending more and more time outdoors. I know I have a little extra spring in my step and feel like moving even more than usual, too. What a great opportunity to mix some children's literature in with all that moving, right? 

This is the official call for submissions for the March Read & Romp Roundup, and I hope you have some great ideas to share. If you have a recent (or even not so recent) blog post that involves picture books or children's poetry AND dance, yoga, or another form of movement, leave your link in a comment on this post. I'll round up all the links and post about them together on my blog early next month. And feel free to let other bloggers know about the roundup, too! 

Last month's roundup included, among many unique entries, some innovate outdoor movement activities to promote literacy. Perfect for a beautiful spring day! What fresh ideas do you have today?

Submissions are open until Saturday, March 31, 2012.

5 comments:

  1. I was just looking through all of our collaboration books and I fell back in love with the very first one. How To Be... It makes me think of fresh new ideas and words to introduce to littles, which is perfect for spring! Here is my submission! http://mariasmovers.com/2011/01/26/how-to-be-a/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerry, I love your idea of rounding up blog post written on a certain theme. What a valuable resource! Here is a link for my blog post featuring 12 children's books that encourage movement:

    http://info.laughinggiraffebooks.com/Read-Learn-Grow/bid/131960/Picture-Books-That-Encourage-Movement

    My daughters and I have spend many a winter afternoon releasing excess energy guided by these books. Your followers may also be interested in book sets featuring these books that are specifically designed to get kids moving-

    http://www.laughinggiraffebooks.com/page/active

    Thank you, and good luck with your round up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Alexandra. Thanks so much for leaving a post. And I love it that you posted a roundup of sorts yourself. The idea you have for your business is really wonderful. I hope your sales are going well! I will definitely let my readers know about the different movement-oriented book sets you have. They fit in so well with my blog :) Thank you again!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...