Friday, April 6, 2012

Join the April Read & Romp Roundup!


Read or romp? Romp or read?
Books and bodies both can lead. 

Turn the pages. Twist and tromp.
Romp and read. Read and romp!


April is a special month for many writers I know because it's National Poetry Month. But April 20-29 is also National Dance Week, so many dance teachers and studios will be planning special activities to celebrate that week. And, of course, both of these occasions make April a perfect month for another Read & Romp Roundup!

If you have a recent (or even not so recent) blog post that involves picture books or children's poetry AND dance, yoga, or another form of movement, leave your link in a comment on this post (or let me know through Facebook or Twitter). I'll round up all the links and post about them together in a few weeks. Submissions related to poetry and dance are especially welcome this time!

Today is also Poetry Friday, when poets from around the blogosphere get together to share some of their favorite poetic offerings. Robyn Hood Black from Read, Write, Howl is hosting this week, and I'm sure it will be a great kick-off to National Poetry Month!

Submissions are open until Friday, April 27, 2012.

11 comments:

  1. Good luck with your round-up, Kerry! Back when my daughter was little, we enjoyed MIRANDA'S DAY TO DANCE by Jackie J. Schaefer, but it's long since gone out of print. (Though you could find used copies online.) Happy Poetry Month AND Dance Week later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robyn! And thanks for mentioning MIRANDA'S DAY TO DANCE. I haven't heard of it but will try and find a copy...maybe at the library? Happy Poetry Month to you, too!

      Delete
  2. Last week I posted a list on some of my favorite poetry books on my blog. Many of them would be great to use with dance. In fact, through today, one lucky reader could win a copy of one of the books. The link is http://growingbookbybook.com/2012/04/02/national-poetry-month-and-a-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jodie. Thanks so much for your poetry-based submission! The list of books looks fantastic. There aren't always that many poetry books on the shelves at the book store, so it's great to see a list of recommendations :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Kerry-

    Feel free to share my "Don't Dance With a Lion," poem. I'm glad you liked it! ;)

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Natalie. It's the perfect poem for my April roundup!

      Delete
  4. Hi, Kerry! Thanks for reminding me to submit my "F is for First Ballet" post to Read and Romp Round-up. Two picture books about ballet for the price of one. http://www.bethstilborn.com/f-is-for-first-ballet-perfect-picture-book-friday/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth! So glad you will part of the next roundup :)

      Delete
  5. I didn't even know it was National Dance Week! I look forward to reading your future post on children's books and dance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kerry, I have written my review! but I only just realised (so sorry!) I am a day late....I do hope it's OK to include this for April, think my brain is going a bit mushy!! Here is the link:
    http://barefootedinburgh.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/lets-boogie.html
    I have recently been using this book alot and thought it might fit well for the April round up. Nicola.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...